neutral density switch


Senior Member
Hi dear foreros,

Do you know the French equivalent for neutral density switch? It is a part of a video equipment.

Thanks in advance
Last edited:
  • jann

    English - USA
    Contrôle de filtre neutre ?

    The neutral density filter is a filtre neutre. This switch must control the filter (probably just on/off).

    Since it says "switch" and not "button," I imagine a control that slides back and forth between two or more positions (rather than something that you depress). For example, there is a multi-position switch shown in this photo (in the red box)... and there are five buttons down the left side of the camera body. Here is another type of switch, on the lens. I've suggested contrôle, but I'm not quite sure what the best word is in French.

    See if anyone else has a better suggestion.... :)
    Last edited: