Never mix

< Previous | Next >

AirbusA321LR

German
Never mix beer with milk. It tastes so awful.

Can "mix" be replaced with the following terms without changing the meaning?

join
groove
coalite
combine
affiliate
associate
meld
mismatch
team

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    The context would have to be very clear to indicate that "combine" meant "mix together" and not "drink one after the other." The limited context provided by the OP isn't specific enough, at least to me.

Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    You're asking about too many different words for one thread, AirbusA321LR. If there is a particular word you think might be a workable synonym for "mix" in your sentence, please ask specifically about it, and tell us why you think it would work. Don't just post lists of near-synonyms from the dictionary or thesaurus.

(Some context for your original sentences would also help.)

AirbusA321LR

German
    I listed all these terms because, interestingly, all these verbs, and even some more that I didn't mention, mean the same in my native language according to the online dictionay that I use.

andrewg927

English - American
    I listed all these terms because, interestingly, all these verbs, and even some more that I didn't mention, mean the same in my native language according to the online dictionay that I use.
    Try an English dictionary instead. All these terms have different meanings in different contexts. Once you understand the context in which each of these words is appropriate you will know which one to use. At the very least, you will be able to narrow down to only a few options and if you are still not sure, we will help you.

Loob

English UK
    The WR English-German dictionary would also be more helpful than the one you're using, Airbus:).

< Previous | Next >