new mustache

Elisa98

French
What would we call the moustache that is normal in size but not dense as in a few days after shaving?

• Uncle Jack

British English
    If you are talking about an adult male who normally shaves, then if it is only a few days old, the best description is probably "unshaven". The short hairs are "stubble". If you are talking about an adolescent who is just starting to grow facial hair and haven't started shaving, there are a variety of expressions depending on how rude you want to be ("bumfluff" comes immediately to my mind); this is far thinner than an adult's bristles.

sinukg

Malayalam
    If you are talking about an adult male who normally shaves, then if it is only a few days old, the best description is probably "unshaven". The short hairs are "stubble". If you are talking about an adolescent who is just starting to grow facial hair and haven't started shaving, there are a variety of expressions depending on how rude you want to be ("bumfluff" comes immediately to my mind); this is far thinner than an adult's bristles.
    Please see your sentence "If you are talking about an adolescent who is just starting to grow facial hair". Related to this could you please tell me whether we can write "If you are talking about an adolescent whose facial hair is growing"?

Uncle Jack

British English
    You can, but your adolescent could be quite a bit older than my adolescent. "Just starting to grow" has an end point (even though it is not very well defined). "Growing" does not. If you aren't going to use "just starting to grow", then there is probably not much point in using any modifier, and just saying "an adolescent".

Andygc

British English
    What would we call the moustache that is normal in size but not dense as in a few days after shaving?
    Perhaps you could clarify your question. Is the man with the moustache deliberately not shaving the upper lip and still shaving the rest of his facial hair? If so, I'd just say "He's growing a new moustache" or "He's got a new moustache".