no-fault denied you

< Previous | Next >

gabyy48

spanish Venezuela
Hi!

What does "no-fault denied you" mean?

The sentence appears on a promotional text about a company that gives you cash advances to pay for your medical bills while you wait for your lawsuit to settle:

"INJURED?
Are you waiting for your case to settle?
No Insurance? No-Fault Denied You?"

WE CAN HELP YOU!"

So, when people say: "No-fault denied you?" "No-fault denied my claim" or "No-fault denial" What does it mean? What are they talking about? No-Fault Insurance? No-Fault law?

Thanks!

• PaulQ

UK
    English - England
    Some insurance companies operate a "knock-for-knock" policy. This means that if your car (insured by A) hits another car (insured by B) your insurance company pays for your damage and B pays for the other car's damage - regardless of whose fault the accident was.

This is disadvantageous because vehicle insurance attracts large discounts if you do not make a claim on your own insurance. (As an example, my insurance for my car has a full price of £900, but, because I have had no accidents, I pay only £200.)

Under the "knock-for-knock"policy, even if the accident were not my fault, I make a claim and therefore I lose the discount and next year, my policy will cost £900.)

No-Fault means "The accident was not your fault and the other person will pay for everything", so I do not make a claim and next year my insurance will still cost £200.

See also No-fault insurance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

gabyy48

spanish Venezuela
    Thanks for your answer Paul!

I do understand the concept of No-fault but what I don't understand is what exactly people are referring to when they say: "No-fault denied you?" Do they refer to the insurance = Was your No-fault insurance denied? Do they refer to a No-fault insurance company? = Did your No-fault insurance company deny your claim?

Andygc

British English
    What is your source? American, or something else? This phrase "No-Fault Denied You" does not exist in BE insurance language. Neither do British companies offer cash advances to pay for medical bills following accidents (we have a National Health Service), so I suspect you need the help of AE speakers to interpret this.

dojibear

English - Northeast US
    I do understand the concept of No-fault but what I don't understand is what exactly people are referring to when they say: "No-fault denied you?"
    The whole phrase is No Insurance? No-Fault Denied You? So here denied means you were not able to obtain "no-fault" insurance. Every company where you applied - every company that you asked to give you "no-fault" insurance denied your request, turned down your application.

Or maybe the companies you asked would not give you any kind of insurance. Then the No Insurance? part applies.

< Previous | Next >