no hace falta

Richard.Wu

Chinese
Hi Amigos
I know 'no hace falta' is there is no necessary . but hacer is make . falta is lack or absence .

why no hace falta is there is no necessay , it should be no make absence .

is there a thinking logic? or I just have to remember that it is a phrase ?

because i want to know what is the speak logic when spanish speaker speaking. May be it is easier for me to learn spanish after i understood.

Thank you .

• gengo

American English
    I know 'no hace falta' is there is no necessity.
    Think of it as literally meaning "it doesn't make a need/lack." Naturally, that sounds terrible in English, but that is the idea behind the Spanish.

No hace falta pagar = It doesn't make a need to pay = There is no need to pay

Richard.Wu

Chinese
    Think of it as literally meaning "it doesn't make a need/lack." Naturally, that sounds terrible in English, but that is the idea behind the Spanish.

No hace falta pagar = It doesn't make a need to pay = There is no need to pay
    you are right, it do not make any sense in english , that is why i do not understand and i think maybe the way of thinking of spanish speaker is different. hahaha

Richard.Wu

Chinese
    Thank you .it is phase verb. but why this phase verb means ser necesario ? derive from somewhere or story?
    Because "hacer falta" means "ser necesario"... Es lo que se llama una "locución adverbial".

"Hace falta ser muy puntilloso para conocer el español".

Galván

Spanish
    If you were to explain "No hace falta" in English it would be something like: it does not rise to the level of a need.

Pero no hace falta decirlo así ;), just know that its meaning is: it's not necessary.

Last edited:

Bramimonde

Español
    you are right, it do not make any sense in english , that is why i do not understand and i think maybe the way of thinking of spanish speaker is different. hahaha
    When you learn a new language, you shouldn’t try to compare it or translate it word for word with your native language or another you speak well, because yes, they just work different, and of course it helps to understand the logic, but I would dare to say, that in many cases there is no logic and you just have to learn it by heart :)

Richard.Wu

Chinese
    When you learn a new language, you shouldn’t try to compare it or translate it word for word with your native language or another you speak well, because yes, they just work different, and of course it helps to understand the logic, but I would dare to say, that in many cases there is no logic and you just have to learn it by heart :)
    OK , got it . Thank you .