...no longer fiction but the common lifestyle of numerous...

< Previous | Next >

atakeris

Latvian
Hello,

Sentence: Nomadism is no longer fiction but the common lifestyle of numerous freelancers and remote workers.

I've been struggling with this sentence for a while and would really appreciate your help. I want to say that nomadism is not anymore some stories about ancient nomads, but people, especially freelancers and remote workers who work online, are actually living nomadic lives, travels around the world and work on the road.

Does my sentence is grammatically correct and logical? Thanks!

p.s I don't want to make it longer.

• stez

english - australia
    I don't think the word 'fiction' works in your sentence. There are still nomadic tribal people in the world and they are not, and have never been, fictitious.

You could rephrase your whole sentence to describe the modern worker as the 'new' nomads.

atakeris

Latvian
    I don't think the word 'fiction' works in your sentence. There are still nomadic tribal people in the world and they are not, and have never been, fictitious.

You could rephrase your whole sentence to describe the modern worker as the 'new' nomads.
    Yes, I agree. Is there a way to change the word "fiction" with something that would imply it's no longer an extreme but a common thing. Maybe "extreme, would work?

stez

english - australia
    To my mind, 'extreme' would not work either. In what way is tribal nomadism 'extreme'? I think you need to rephrase your whole sentence.

Nomadism is no longer just an ancient tribal way of life; the new nomads are ...

Last edited:

atakeris

Latvian
    To my mind, 'extreme' would not work either. In what way is tribal nomadism 'extreme'? I think you need to rephrase your whole sentence.

Nomadism is no longer just an ancient tribal way of life; the new nomads are ...
    Thanks!

< Previous | Next >