no need to line up

< Previous | Next >

epistolario

Tagalog
Let's say people wait in line just to pay their bills. But they came up with a smartphone app that will enable customers to pay online. Please confirm if the italicized phrase in their ad sounds natural.

Paying your bills? No need to line up anymore. Just download our app.​

• Egmont

English - U.S.
    In AE, I'd prefer "no need to wait in line" because it focuses on the waiting, which is the unpleasant part. Just lining up isn't unpleasant by itself.

BE speakers would probably use "queue" somehow, but I'll let them suggest how.

Tommy2Sheds

English - UK
    The British line up in queues. Current BE would be "No need to queue anymore", but that is starting to sound old (and the "ueue" structure is odd to read), so if it is for a younger market then "No need to wait in line anymore" would be understood (and sound more modern).

Tommy2Sheds

English - UK
    I find it odd that people would have to line up somewhere to pay their bills, but if that's what your target audience has to do...
    True, I can't think of anywhere in the UK where queues to pay bills are a problem. It might help if the OP could say where the target market is. If it's India then that's a different English again.

kentix

English - U.S.
    I might say "No need to stand in line anymore".

It's still common enough here for people on the lower end of the economic spectrum who might not have a bank account or credit card. I am talking about things like utility bills. Especially if they've gotten behind.

< Previous | Next >