No place like home

Danz

Zimbabwe - English
Is there an idiom similar to "There's no place like home" in Italian (obviously I can't just translate it literally).

Or something like "Everybody loves their home country/ has a unique type of love/ affection for their home land."

Something along those lines.

Chi mi puo aiutare?

• Danz

Zimbabwe - English
    I thought of that - but it's part of a speech talking about what people think of their homeland.... Can't really just stop and say that - I need a sentence.... Any sentence. Any ideas?

stoddard

Italian
    My thought is that "home" in the Danz's sentence refers to homeland not to a our building/house ( simply home ).
    Danz, am I right ?
    Gosh, I'm always late. Thanks Danz.

GavinW

British English
    Is there an idiom similar to "There's no place like home" in Italian (obviously I can't just translate it literally).
    One way of finding an answer might be to look at a DVD of the Wizard of Oz (selecting Italian) and go to the bit near the end, when Judy Garland has to keep saying this very phrase in order to find her way back home... Or anyone happen to know the line in Italian?

federicoft

Italian
    One way of finding an answer might be to look at a DVD of the Wizard of Oz (selecting Italian) and go to the bit near the end, when Judy Garland has to keep saying this very phrase in order to find her way back home... Or anyone happen to know the line in Italian?
    Of course yes, it was my favourite movie as a child. It's "non c'è nessun posto più bello di casa mia".

< Previous | Next >