'no problem, anyway'

kritika

India - Hindi & English
Hi,

Is the following phrase grammaticaly correct?

'no problem, anyway'

Thanks

• Cypherpunk

US, English
    In what context? As always, please provide up to 4 lines of context, so we can understand how you might be trying to use this phrase, or where you heard or read this phrase.

kritika

India - Hindi & English
    There was someone who asked me for a favor and when I declined the person used this phrase...........................'no problem anyways'.

Is it correct to use this phrase in the above mentioned situation.

Cypherpunk

US, English
    Sorry, tepatria, I disagree. I think 'no problem anyway' sounds awkward, while 'no problem anyways' just sounds wrong.
    'No problem' is very common. I hear it and say it all the time. However, I can't think of a single situation when I might hear 'no problem anyway'.

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    It might help to know what kind of favor was being asked, and what the response was. I can imagine situations in which something like "it's not a problem anyway" would make sense.

I agree that "[it's] no problem" would be the usual stand-alone response.

kritika

India - Hindi & English
    The person asked me for my account password and I said no, and his response was 'N problem anyway'.

Thanks for the help.

*cat*

Slovene
    It could mean:
    "If you don't want to tell me your password that's no problem for me, I'll get it somewhere else." Or "I can get your money without your password". Or something like that.

Maybe this sounds better: "... anyway, it's no problem."

< Previous | Next >