no problem to found boyfriend

< Previous | Next >

nickbones

Mexican Spanish
Hi! Is it okay to say?
"You should not worry, pretty girls like you have no problem to found boyfriend."
Thanks!

• pops91710

English, AE
    No.
    You should not worry, pretty girls like you have no problems finding a boyfriend.
    You should not worry, pretty girls like you have no problems finding boyfriends.

Last edited:

dukaine

English - American
    I'd be more likely to say,

You should not worry; pretty girls like you should have no problems finding boyfriends.

Of course, that depends on the context, more specifically, what the girls are worrying about. Also, unless the girls are going to share the boyfriend, "finding a boyfriend" is not correct. Because there is more than one girl, there has to be more than one boyfriend.

nickbones

Mexican Spanish
    Thanks dukaine! but I think that using "should" exist a possibility that this girl has problems finding a boyfriend.
    That's what I understand my brain that thinks in Spanish.
    Please let me know what you think.

dukaine

English - American
    I would need more context to make a determination about whether "should" would be appropriate.

Pretty Girls: We just turned fifteen, but our parents say that we can't date until we're sixteen. We hope we can get boyfriends when we turn 16.
    Speaker: You should not worry; pretty girls like you should have no problems finding boyfriends.

Pretty Girls: It's so hard to find boyfriends. None of them ever seem to be interested.
    Ugly Girl: What are you talking about? You shouldn't worry; pretty girls like you have no problems finding boyfriends. I'm the one they're not interested in.

Does that make sense?

nickbones

Mexican Spanish
    Sure, this makes perfect sense! Thanks for the detailed answer!
    This gives me the certainty that I must use "pretty girls like You have no problems finding boyfriends"
    Thanks again dukaine!

< Previous | Next >