No quiero que haya malos rollos entre nosotros

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by Tebasile, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Tebasile

Tebasile Senior Member

Spanish-Spain
    Hello everybody! I would like to know how we can say that expression in English or if there's some similar expression. "Malos rollos" refers to some situations, problems or things that cause you to make be angry or dissapointed with a person/friend, etc. Contexts:

- One friend of mine and me went to Rome to live there for one year. At first, it was ok, but at the end, some people told me that he was saying crap about me and since then I can't trust him anymore. Now, we don't speak to each other anymore, or not that frequently, and there is a lot of "malos rollos".
    - We can start to see each other (meaning, being more than friends), but if I don't want to have "malos rollos" between us because you're one of my flatemate's best friends.

Kind regards and thank you very much for the help ;)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  2. St. Nick Senior Member

English
    Hi

"But I don't want to have any (bad/negative feelings)/(bad vibes*) between us"
    come to mind.

*Se derive de vibraciones.

3. genine

genine Senior Member

Houston, Texas
    U.S. English & Mexican Spanish
    Hola,

Concuerdo con St. Nick en cuanto a ‘bad vibes’. Ofrezco algunas sugerencias:

Saludos:)

4. St. Nick Senior Member

English
    Do you really like "bad blood" in this situation, Genine?

5. Juan Doe Member

Madrid
    European Spanish
    Recuerdo que a comienzo de los 80 se escuchaba, al menos en Madrid, la expresión "malas vibraciones". Parece que era una traducción literal de "bad vibes".

6. genine

genine Senior Member

Houston, Texas
    U.S. English & Mexican Spanish
    Oh, yes! I emphatically like it:
    bad blood n. Enmity or bitterness among individuals or groups of people.
    bad blood (noun) bad feelings, a history of bad feelings.
    Example Sentences:
    1. There is bad blood between my ex-girlfriend and I, so I try to avoid her.
    2. There's been a lot of bad blood between them since their quarrel.
    3. There's been bad blood between the two families for years.

I think ‘bad blood’ fits better in the first sentence the poster gave us and that ‘bad vibes’ fits better in the second. Out of curiosity, why do you ask?

7. Juan Doe Member

Madrid
    European Spanish
    Hay una expresión en español, aunque pasada de moda, que es "hacerse mala sangre".

8. Tebasile

Tebasile Senior Member

Spanish-Spain
    Muchas gracias a los dos :). Y gracias Genine por las correcionces, algunas han sido por despiste y hay otras que me he dado cuenta que las escribo siempre mal, así que gracias.

He estado buscando en otros foros, pero no había visto lo de "bad vibes" me gusta mucho, creo que utilizaré esa a partir de ahora. Además, concuerdo con el hecho de no usar "bad blood" en el segundo ejemplo, porque en realidad cuando lo utilizas quieres tener tacto y no resultar ofensivo y "bad blood" me suena muy literal, como si fueran a terminar odiándose.