no se aprecian

Tom Finken

English- USA
Hi all. Workin' hard out there?

What do you think of my translation of this phrase:

"En el manuscrito no se aprecian criterios de rigor que justifiquen la selección de los cinco individuos como un verdadero estudio de caso."

Like this:
"In the writing, there’s little appreciation for the rigorous criteria which might otherwise justify the selection of the five individuals as a true case study." ???

I'm worried about my translation of "no se aprecian."

Perhaps it would be better to say
"In the writing, the rigorous criteria which might otherwise justify the selection of the five individuals as a true case study is not taken into account."

Anybody got a suggestion?

Peace,
Tom

Last edited:
  • Mirlo

Castellano, Panamá/ English-USA
    Otra:
    In the manuscript/writting there are no strict criteria to justify the selection of ...

:)

elenae28

English UK
    I think that what they are trying to say is that on the document you can't see any rigourous criteria as to why they have chosen the five individuals as a true case study.
    I would change "is not taken into account" for "are not specified".

azuos

SPANISH
    Hi Tom

I agree with Mirlo´s sentence.
    But i would put manuscript instead of writting.

Tom Finken

English- USA
    You guys are all really helpful. I'm gonna take a little advice from each of your. It's worth stating that elenae28 best got the gist of what's being said. So, thanks for the advice elenae28! God bless.

What a complicated sentence. I thought about it some more and decided that I'm gonna leave it like this:

In the manuscript, no rigorous criteria is specified which might otherwise have justified the selection of the five individuals as a true case study.

< Previous | Next >