Noir imprint

< Previous | Next >

j230642

madarin
Hi everyone! I'm reading "Bargain Fever" by Mark Ellwood and just found one sentence beyond my comprehension: (p215)

When Reykjavik-bornAslaug Magnusdottir was working at Gilt as head of merchandising for its VIP-skewing Noir imprint,
she fielded one constant complaint. “Over the last couple of years I kept hearing from designers that beautiful pieces from their collections—often their favorite pieces—never made it to the stores,” she said. “Because of the economic downturn, stores have become more and more risk averse, somany of those most special pieces didn’t make it to the sales floor.” Such moaning sparked the business she now runs with socialite-cum-stylist Lauren Santo Domingo. Moda Operandi provides exclusive choices on designs from brands like Thakoon and Alberta Ferreti—clothes that will never be offered to the ordinary American.

Why does the author describe her job "for its VIP-skewing Noir imprint" ? What does it mean exactly? Please help!

• Thomas Tompion

English - England
    Hello J,

An imprint is defined here: a marketing name used by a company or organization for a product line; brand or label. (meaning 4.)

So this imprint is called Noir, and here is marketing for it. So Noir is the imprint (you can see the black circle on the card). Gilt is an online shopping website.

Last edited:

j230642

madarin
    Thanks a lot! I thought it had something to do with crime stories... xD

Hello J,

An imprint is defined here: a marketing name used by a company or organization for a product line; brand or label. (meaning 4.)

So this imprint is called Noir, and here is marketing for it. So Noir is the imprint (you can see the black circle) on the card. Gilt is an online shopping website.

< Previous | Next >