nom

• Seana

Polish
    Hello,

Don't you really make any mistake?
    As far as I know Polish language there is not that word.
    Greetings

Jana337

čeština
    I googled it and it could be an abbreviation, something with cell phones. :confused:

Some context could help. :)

Jana

Brian P

Seana said:
    Hello,

Don't you really make any mistake?
    As far as I know Polish language there is not that word.
    Greetings
    A polite correction, Seana. You should have said, "Aren't you making a mistake" or "Aren't you mistaken?" Then "As far as I know there is no such word in the Polish language".

Luctisonus

Turkish - Turkey/Poland
    Ok. Here are some examples: "a raczej nie jesteś Polakiem, nom bez obrazy, masz za ciemna karnacje" "mogłeś poczekać nom chwilke az pierwsza wyśle" "nom nie w takim stopniu jak Ty umiesz Polski" "nom ze juz nie jesteście razem" "nom tyle ze nie zawsze da sie do niej kogos dopasowac" "a Ti to mi dalej nie odpisałes a ja zaraz uciekam i sie nie dowiem nom" "a jak miała na imie nom ma?"

Seana

Polish
    Brian P said:
    A polite correction, Seana. You should have said, "Aren't you making a mistake" or "Aren't you mistaken?" .
    Thank you Brian. :) Yes you are right. English is a fully foreign (=strange) language for me .
    But in the second sentence
    Brian P said:
    Then "As far as I know there is no such word in the Polish language"
    Wouldn't really I say that "as far as I know (just) Polish language there is not (such) a word in it?

Back to the Luctisonus post number 5.

I have never seen this word. Where did you find this text?

Seana

Polish
    Yes you are right.

:) "Yo, spox, nom, oki, lol, hardkor, kmin, kolo, pozdro, nara....tesh the family of funny words used by teenagers just during online chatting :)

I have learnt that nom is close to no in Polish, it means yeah.

Brian P

Seana said:
    Thank you Brian. :) Yes you are right. English is a fully foreign (=strange) language for me .
    But in the second sentence
    Wouldn't really I say that "as far as I know (just) Polish language there is not (such) a word in it?

Back to the Luctisonus post number 5.

I have never seen this word. Where did you find this text?
    Przepraszam najdrosza, ale nie wiem co chcesz mówic (Excuse my terrible Polish - many years ago when I lived in London I had a Polish girl friend!)

"as far as I know (just) Polish language there is not (such) a word in it?" has incorrect word order. It should be "as far as I know, in the Polish language there is no such word" but this means the same as the original phrase that it gave you.

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    Luctisonus said:
    Ok. Here are some examples: "a raczej nie jesteś Polakiem, nom bez obrazy, masz za ciemna karnacje" "mogłeś poczekać nom chwilke az pierwsza wyśle" "nom nie w takim stopniu jak Ty umiesz Polski" "nom ze juz nie jesteście razem" "nom tyle ze nie zawsze da sie do niej kogos dopasowac" "a Ti to mi dalej nie odpisałes a ja zaraz uciekam i sie nie dowiem nom" "a jak miała na imie nom ma?"
    I guess this is a word that doesn't have any meaning or it can take on some depending on the context. When it does not have any it's just a kind of a word you use when want to say something but don't really know what. It can be close to no as Seana suggested as well as to to, ten(and its all derivates) or even substitute of other words as I'd tend to think reading your 4th, 6th and perhaps 3rd examples (szkoda--too bad). I have some problems with grasping the gist of it in the last scrap you provided, it sounds gibberish-like (the last two words).:confused:

Tom

< Previous | Next >