Nominalization

MateuszMoś

As far as nominalization is concerned I am supposed to effectuate this "process" of words formation, but I up for familiarize with it more accurately. It would be nice to receive some information or may somebody depicts the context or situation when I have to use it.

Regard

Last edited:
  • Alxmrphi

UK English
    I'm sorry I can't understand what your question is either.
    In linguistics, nominalisation is a process that uses a non-noun in the function of a noun, which can either be by adding a suffix at the end (wise->wisdom, kind->kindness) which turns non-nouns into nouns, or like the use of a gerund. In syntax the NP (noun phrase) would be headed by a non-noun, but doesn't have to have undergone any morphological transformation. You (I think) were trying to express this via the use of the gerund in English, where you use a present participle as a noun.

My understanding (here 'understanding' is a present participle used in the function of a noun, so is considered a gerund) of the question....

You do need to be more specific with a question though, we don't give 'general explanations' of concepts here.
    If you have a further question you'll need to state it in a more definite manner.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >