Nomination au concours de l'internat

ando51

UK, English
Hello,
This comes from the education section of a CV for a distinguished doctor. Am I right in thinking that "les concours de l'internat" were examinations at the end of 2nd cycle medical studies that decided the direction of your future career? In this case would a correct translation be "appointment through concours de l'internat examinations"?

Nomination au concours de l'internat des Hôpitaux de xxx.
Cinq stages dans des services d’Orthopédie :
Prof. xxx (deux stages)
Prof. xxx
Prof. xxx
Prof. xxx
Thanks to all!

• marcsev77

Français - French
    I'd go for : nomination to the examination for a housemanship (internship I think it is in American English, right?)

ando51

UK, English
    Yes I think internship is right (I'm in the UK, we call them junior doctors). I had the impressionship that he got these placements as a result of these exams, which was why I put appointment through (via).....

marcsev77

Français - French
    nomination does not necessarily means he passed the exams (like at the Cesar or Oscar). he think he was appointed to the examination and did the 5 training to qualify and eventually take this examination. don't know whether I'm clear or not...

OLN

French - France, ♀
    nomination does not necessarily means he passed the exams (like at the Cesar or Oscar). he think he was appointed to the examination and did the 5 training to qualify and eventually take this examination. don't know whether I'm clear or not...
    Ca veut bien dire qu'on a réussi le concours.
    Quand on réussit le concours d'internat, qui est classant, on est nommé interne ou nommé à un poste d'interne dans le CHU d'une ville particulière. "Être nommé au concours d'internat" est une façon de parler.
    appointed irait.
    Il y a peut-être mieux.

< Previous | Next >