Nomination by an institution

< Previous | Next >

Eehache212

Spnaish-Espana,Ingles
How i can understand about the nomination of an institute ???Whether it is refferd to the owner or its applicant after getting registration or after getting the admistion

• Florentia52

Modwoman in the attic
    English - United States
    Welcome to the forum, Eehache212! It's not clear exactly what you're asking. Can you explain a little more about what you mean by "nomination of an institute?"

Eehache212

Spnaish-Espana,Ingles
    Ok

Actually i couldn't understand the meaning of word "Nomination" from the institute so help me about this

Last edited by a moderator:

Eehache212

Spnaish-Espana,Ingles
    Here is that sentence

Candidates must be" nominated "by a Canadian Institution with a quota at which they want to study.

Actually i want to apply for scholarship i can't understand the meaning of this word

heypresto

English - England
    Thanks. I can understand your question now. I'm afraid, however, that I'm personally unable to answer it. I'm sure somebody else more knowledgeable than I am will be along soon, and be able to help.

Eehache212

Spnaish-Espana,Ingles
    Ok don't worry
    I shall be wait for an adecuate meaning of this sentence to better understand

Thanx for ur coorperation

JulianStuart

English (UK then US)
    If this is the page* you are looking at Application/nomination instructions - Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships, there is a link underneath that sentence that explains it:

Competition process
    1. Applications are initiated in one of two ways. Either:
      1. the student informs the faculty of graduate studies at the selected institution of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program; or
      2. the institution initiates the nomination process by contacting the desired candidate.
    In this situation, "nominate" means "propose as a candidate for the scholarship"

*If it's another page, please provide a link - it is likely to be a similar process.

Eehache212

Spnaish-Espana,Ingles
    But how ??? "propose as a candidate for the scholarship"

For example i am not canadian resident nor studying in any canadian institute so how i could be apply to get my desired nomination from the respective institue ???

JulianStuart

English (UK then US)
    As it said: the student informs the faculty of graduate studies at the selected institution of their intent to apply to the Vanier CGS program;
    More details are here - beyond that, it is not a question for this forum, unless there are English words or phrases you are confused by. Good luck!
    Selection committee guide - Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships

A complete nomination consists of:
    • Application details (form pages)
    • Canadian common CV (CCV)
    • Nomination letter – maximum two
    • (many more •!)

< Previous | Next >