nomination [category]

Sylph

Chinese, China
Hi, all:
A friend of mine intends to submit a digital photo to an international organization for a contest. She has to fill out a form with the following entries. We do not know what "nomination" means here and what we should provide for this entry. Does it mean the award or honor that the applicant has won for this photo? Would anyone be kind enough to tell me the exact meaning of this word here? Thanks in advance.
Entry Form
First Name:
Last Name:
Nomination:
Address:
Tel/Fax:
E-mail:

• Copyright

American English
    Hard to tell ... do you have a link to the form (assuming it's in English)? It could be the category the photo is being entered in if there is more than one category ... but if it is, it's not very clear.

Egmont

English - U.S.
    After a bit of Web searching, I found several pages that use "nomination" to mean, approximately, "category." For example, the 2011 Leonardo Award at the 4th International Biennale for Young Architects has two main sections, Constructions (anything that's already been built) and Projects (anything that hasn't), with seven "nominations" in each:

1. Town-planning and designing;
    2. Social and industrial complexes, buildings and establishments;
    3. Living high-storied houses;
    4. Living one-apartment and low-storied houses (1 to 3 floors);
    5. Landscape architecture, city design and monumental art and sculpture in the architecture;
    6. Restoration, regeneration, reconstruction and rehabilitation of historical and cultural heritage;
    7. Interior.

Obviously, that's not for the same contest, but it seems to be the same usage. All the pages I found were from organizations in Slavic countries, so I suspect a similar word in Slavic languages was mistranslated. Is the organization that is sponsoring this contest from a Slavic country? And are there categories for the photos?

Sylph

Chinese, China
    Thank you, Copyright and pops91710.
    It is of the English origin. Please look at the following screenshot:

<< Link deleted because it doesn't work. >>

Sylph

Chinese, China
    But do you think it looks strange that "category" comes after personal information of the applicant?

Sylph

Chinese, China
    I have found a relevant blog about this activity and now am sure that "nomination" here means "category". Thank you all for your great help!

< Previous | Next >