Non avrò con me mai gli occhi tuoi

pensami

English USA
Ciao everyone!

Hi I'm new here and I need some help translating a line in a song. The line is "Non avrò con me mai gli occhi tuoi".

Thanks!

• Tatzingo

English, UK
    pensami said:
    Ciao everyone!

Hi I'm new here and I need some help translating a line in a song. The line is "Non avrò con me mai gli occhi tuoi".

Thanks!
    Literally, "I'll never have your eyes with me" which sounds a bit scary... wait for a native to shed some light on this one!

Tatz.

pensami

English USA
    Thanks Tatz. That's what I came up with before, but you're right it does sound creepy.

pensami

English USA
    Does anyone know if it means something different? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Isapaola

Italian Italy
    It is something as I never get tired of seeing your eyes, What pleasure comes from watching your eyes! so, when you are not with me, I'll miss them. Nothing scary, I think the intention is quite romantic!

pangelo

Italy, Italian
    pensami said:
    Does anyone know if it means something different? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!
    It seems that this sentence refers to "the phantom of the opera". In this case, the meaning could be "I will never see your eyes again"
    Ciao,
    Pier Angelo

pensami

English USA
    Thank you so much! I really like those romantic translations!

Pangelo, how did you know? It is from Phantom of the Opera - actually it is the second to last line the Phantom says.

pangelo

Italy, Italian
    pensami said:
    Thank you so much! I really like those romantic translations!

Pangelo, how did you know? It is from Phantom of the Opera - actually it is the second to last line the Phantom says.
    Google is my friend ;-)
    Ciao,
    Pier Angelo

< Previous | Next >