non mandare a dire

elastika

croatia croatian
Hi,
I have one expression here that I don't understand. A girl for the first time opens her heart and speaks her mind, or tells someone what she thinks of him. The other girl then tells her. cavoli, tara... non gliele hai certo mandate a dire!
Could please someone help me translate this sentence? Thanks

• Raphillon

Italy
    Hi,
    I have one expression here that I don't understand. A girl for the first time opens her heart and speaks her mind, or tells someone what she thinks of him. The other girl then tells her. cavoli, tara... non gliele hai certo mandate a dire!
    Could please someone help me translate this sentence? Thanks

It means she has been very direct... Litterally "You didn't send someone to tell him"

When you send someone you seek mediation, so the idioma means "you have been very, very direct", partially prizing the courage, partially pointing out the lack of diplomacy :)

Judiths

Spanish
    Ciao a tutti,
    Ho da tradurre questa frase (la parte che mi interessa è quella sottolineata):
    Ieri intanto mandai a dire che ero impedito dall'andare e, per qualche giorno lascerò che mi aspetti.
    Volevo tradurre mandare a dire con send for. Ecco il mio tentativo:
    Meanwhile, yesterday I sent for that I was prevented from going and for some days.....
    Grazie.

lövastrell

Italiano, Italia
    Exactly, tsoapm. Non hai mandato qualcun altro a dire a lei quelle cose al posto tuo. Meaning "You made it quite clear and you took responsibility", as explained in previous posts.