Non pensare di essere solo

jimani3

GREECE-GREEK
Non pensare chei sei solo...

What does it mean?I know pensare means consider and solo=alone but what about the rest?

• walnut

Italy - Italian
    Ciao Jimani 3 and welcome to the WR Forums. :)

Let me please suggest you to give your threads descriptive titles so that it will be easier for us to find and answer your questions. To give you an example, you could name this thread "Solo" or "Non pensare che sei solo".

Ciao! :) Walnut

Silvia

Italian
    The correct sentence should be "non pensare di essere solo", since there is an accordance of pronouns (tu/tu).

If the phrase continues... that "solo" might mean only. You should provide the whole sentence for a proper translation.

Leopold

es-ES
    Yes, you're right, silviap.
    Ma c'è gente che dice "Non pensare che sei solo"?? O lo sto confondendo con lo spagnolo?

Leo

Silvia

Italian
    Hmm, c'è di tutto a questo mondo... :D
    There's anything and everything in this world!

P.S.: What about our beloved subjunctive? ;)

walnut

Italy - Italian
    silviap said:
    What about our beloved subjunctive? ;)
    :D He's getting old, poverino...
    I agree with Leopold: to let someone know I'm close to him/er, I'd say "Non pensare che sei solo/a", it's more direct even though collquial. I'd use the infinitive to obtain an indirect effect. "E' facile pensare di essere soli anche quando in effetti non lo siamo."

Ciao! :) W.

Leopold

es-ES
    silviap said:
    P.S.: What about our beloved subjunctive? ;)
    I really love the subjunctive. Some people would tell me that foreigners with good pronounciation can be discovered by watching their use of subjunctive. If they use it properly they're foreigners. :D

Leo

Silvia

Italian
    Leopold said:
    I really love the subjunctive. Some people would tell me that foreigners with good pronounciation can be discovered by watching their use of subjunctive. If they use is properly they're foreigners. :D

Leo
    :eek: I disagree! :D

< Previous | Next >