Non-Stop

blue arlene

Chinese
Hi, I saw a title and description of a music video including 10 songs.
Title: Non-Stop Tagalog Praise and Worship Songs With Lyrics
Description:
This is a collection of select Tagalog praise and worship songs with lyrics. Listen online for free.

Question: If I want to add the word "non-stop" in the description, where can I put it. What about "This is a collection of select non-stop Tagalog praise and worship songs with lyrics. Listen online for free."

• owlman5

English-US
    What about "This is a collection of select non-stop Tagalog praise and worship songs with lyrics. Listen online for free."
    As long as you are sure that people who don't speak Indian English will understand the use of non-stop to mean commercial-free, then your sentence looks fine to me. There is nothing wrong with the word order in that sentence.

owlman5

English-US
    The term might be of some use because Arlene plans to upload these songs and make them available online. On websites like You Tube, there are usually interruptions for advertisements if you use the free service and watch videos or listen to audio files.

Is the term non-stop also used widely in the Philippines, Arlene? That should be something for you to consider as you decide whether to use it in your description.

Last edited:

blue arlene

Chinese
    The term might be of some use because Arlene plans to upload these songs and make them available online. On websites like You Tube, there are usually interruptions for advertisements if you use the free service and watch videos or listen to audio files.

Is the term non-stop also used widely in the Philippines, Arlene? That should be something for you to consider as you decide whether to use it in your description.
    Yes. It is used widely in the Philippines, but I think it's odd in English

Linkway

British English
    In British English, if a radio station announced that a show would be playing "non-stop music" it would mean there would no talk between the songs/tracks being played.

Traditionally, UK radio stations have lots of chat both by the presenter talking to the audience and often with two presenters (or a presenter and a guest) holding quite long conversations between songs/tracks.

"Non-stop music" would the opposite of that.

< Previous | Next >