Non ti ho mai sentito così arrabbiato

Crissita

Italiano
Hi Everybody,

Come da titolo vorrei tradurre:
"Non ti ho mai sentito così arrabbiato,"

Context:
Ho chiamato al telefono un collega negli stati uniti che a causa di un problema al lavoro era molto arrabbiato

My Attempt:
I've never heard you such angry

Grazie a tutti !

• Bookmom

I've never heard you sound so angry.
    I've never heard you express such anger.
    I've never heard you this angry before. (Probably incorrect grammatically but it's said all the time.)

Hi all, I have a doubt now... in such situation I'd usually use upset instead of angry, maybe because it is easier to pronounce for me:)

I've never heard you so upset

Is this a proper use of the term? I imagine that upset is not exactly angry, but does it work here as well?

MR1492

English -USA
    chipulukusu,

Yes, I think either one works. I understand the pronunciation difficulties. In terms of degree, however, angry is more intense and visceral than upset.

Phil

AlabamaBoy

American English
    If you want to avoid "angry" there are many expression down here that work just fine. We also tend to say "seen" rather than "heard" (although for a phone call, we might say "heard"):

I've never seen/heard/known you (to be) (so ticked off)/(so :warn:pissed off)/(so bent out of shape)/(go so non-linear*) before.

* This one might be for nerds only.

rrose17

Canada, English
    In North America you can also say "I've never heard you so/this mad before." Mad in BE means crazy, while over here it's the same as angry. And Chip you should try reciting an old Bob Marley song "A hungry man is an angry man". :D

In North America you can also say "I've never heard you so/this mad before." Mad in BE means crazy, while over here it's the same as angry.
    Thank you rrose, I'm actually familiar with the expression "please don't get mad at me" though I wouldn't have mention it without your suggestion. I may be wrong, but I think young people in the Uk is starting using mad in this way. They may have got it from TV. But still Madchester was a crazy city, not an angry one!

And Chip you should try reciting an old Bob Marley song "A hungry man is an angry man". :D
    Thank you, I will try! And thank you for reminding me a nice song that I didn't remember at all:).

< Previous | Next >