none of that shit means dick if I can't tell Sonia about it

Pavel Pin

Telugu
Kincaid said these words to Bryce who is trying to get back his Job by helping Amelia by protecting Kincaid who is an assassin and also witness in important case, from thugs. Sonia is Kincaid's wife. Amelia dump Bryce. Now Kincaid thinks Bryce is protecting him because he can get back Amelia's love.

Bryce: Why is everything always about love with you?

Kincaid: Well, what else is there? I mean, take away the guns, the money, the travel, the perfect shot through a motherfucker's earhole from 300 meters. I mean, none of that shit means dick if I can't tell Sonia about it.

What is the meaning of "none of that shit means dick if I can't tell Sonia about it"?

Does it means Kincaid's risky story will be useless if not done for Sonia or Kincaid's risky story will be useless if he didn't mention it before Sonia?

Source: The Hitman's Bodyguard 2017

• Esca

ATX
    USA - English
    Kincaid is listing all of the great things he has (money, success, etc), then he says “none of that shit means dick if I can’t tell Sonia about it.” He just means “none of that stuff means anything (if I can’t tell Sonia about it).”

In other words, the other valuable things in his life seem meaningless to him when he’s not in a relationship with Sonia. Actually “telling” things to Sonia is not the important part to him, he’s just trying to use it as an example of how the loss of Sonia has made the successes of his life no longer able to make him happy, since he has a larger emotional void from the loss of Sonia’s companionship.

< Previous | Next >