None shall escape the judgement

< Previous | Next >

Yougz

French
Hello all!
I'm gonna tatoo the sentence "None shall escape the judgement" in Russian but i'm only find the translation with online translators so i'm not sure of it.
So if please a native russian speaker can help me.

So here is the translation that internet stuff give me:
Ни один не должен избежать суждения

Thanks a lot in advance!
:)

Ugz

• rusita preciosa

Modus forendi
    Russian (Moscow)
    Here's my attempt:
    никто не избежит Судного дня - none shall escape the Last Jugdement
    не избежать Судного дня - impossible to escape the Last Jugdement (a bit awkward in Eng., but in Rus it sounds better than the first)
    cудьбы не избeжать - impossible to escape the destiny
    никто не избежит ждeния - none shall escape the judgement (judgement here means people's opinions of you)

Now that I read all of these, I have to say, if I saw one on a tatoo, I would think it is quite lame (tout a fait nul).

Wait for others' responses, may be there will be more creative suggestions
    (otherwise why don't you do like everybody esle and have something written in Chinese or Sanskrit ;) )

Yougz

French
    The meaning of this sentence is a part of my life and my way of thinking so it is not that lame for me...
    I wanted a tatoo in russian script cause i got far russian roots

But anyway thanks for the help !

dec-sev

Russian
    cудьбы не избeжать - impossible to escape the destiny
    = от судьбы не уйдёшь
    @Yougz:personal question. On what part of the body is the tattoo supposed to be written? ;)
    At the end of the thread I’ll tell you which suggestion is worth marring your skin :)
    Sorry if I've hurt your feelings, but think twice before tattooing something.

Yougz

French
    Do not worry for me ;)
    and you don't hurt me at all
    I'll do the tatoo on my left shinbone and the sentence will make a circle arround it.
    You may not know that this sentence is extract of a song so if you'll heard it you'll know more about my philosophy and the reason of my tatoo !

rusita preciosa

Modus forendi
    Russian (Moscow)
    The meaning of this sentence is a part of my life and my way of thinking so it is not that lame for me...
    I wanted a tatoo in russian script cause i got far russian roots

But anyway thanks for the help !
    I'm sorry Yougz, I wasn't clear, I did not imply that the meaning of the sentence itself was lame, it's just in Russian my translations did not sound that great for a tatoo... In English your sentence is actually pretty cool.

The suggestion of "getting your ink done" in other languages was a joke, in the US most of people who have a tatoo have it written in Chinese or Hebrew or some other exotic language, it has become so mainstream!

Last edited:

dec-sev

Russian
    You may not know that this sentence is extract of a song so if you'll heard it you'll know more about my philosophy and the reason of my tatoo !
    I have to say that I’m not much of a reggae admirer. But you’ve got my opinion both about tattooing and the translation (от судьбы не уйдёшь) which in my opinion is much better than “cудьбы не избeжать”. I’m not sure if it’s the same as “None shall escape the judgement”. I would translate it as “ you can't escape your fate”.

estreets

Russian
    I'm sorry Yougz, I wasn't clear, I did not imply that the meaning of the sentence itself was lame, it's just in Russian my translations did not sound that great for a tatoo... In English your sentence is actually pretty cool.

The suggestion of "getting your ink done" in other languages was a joke, in the US most of people who have a tatoo have it written in Chinese or Hebrew or some other exotic language, it has become so mainstream!
    I think the first variant никто не избежит Судного дня! sounds great. Ominous and warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yougz

French
    So let's go for никто не избежит Судного дня !
    Thanks all for your advices!
    Bless you all

Peace

< Previous | Next >