nonfiction-i-lating

< Previous | Next >

aintor

Chinese
At Electric Minds, Rheingold, who'd say Justin was his "guru" (and that he was Justin's), tried to get him to write a column. "I couldn't discipline myself to write regularly, reliably, stuff for other people, because I was so immersed in the nonfiction-i-lating of my own life," he says now.
Hi Everyone,

Can any one please tell me how i am supposed to understand the weird world in red?

Thanks in advance.

• panjandrum

Lapsed Moderator
    English-Ireland (top end)
    Most people write with the intention of communicating something to their readers.
    Some people write...
    No, perhaps I'd better not.

Whoever this person is, you owe him the honour of having his text clearly attributed to him and to the publication. This is a requirement in WordReference for all quoted text.

From this invented word, I understand that he was immersed/obsessed with transforming his own life from some kind of fantasy of his own making (fiction) into something related to the real world around him (non-fiction). That would fit with the very clear image of total self-obsession in the part of this writer.

Do you really have to read this?

aintor

Chinese
    Most people write with the intention of communicating something to their readers.
    Some people write...
    No, perhaps I'd better not.

Whoever this person is, you owe him the honour of having his text clearly attributed to him and to the publication. This is a requirement in WordReference for all quoted text.

From this invented word, I understand that he was immersed/obsessed with transforming his own life from some kind of fantasy of his own making (fiction) into something related to the real world around him (non-fiction). That would fit with the very clear image of total self-obsession in the part of this writer.

Do you really have to read this?
    Thank you panjandrum. This quote is an excerpt from a book named Say Everything by Scott Rosenberg. It's a book about blogging, so there are quotations from blogs here and there in the book. Since those quotations were excerpted from blogs, therefore, most of the time, they were not formally organized or written, which may cause some confusions to non-native speakers like me.

And yes, much as I hate those informal writings, I have to finish the book, because it's an assignment.

Thank you again for helping me out.

< Previous | Next >