nonstop sleep

kenny4528

Mandarin, Taiwan
Hi there. Can one use nonstop sleep to mean sleep very well even without awaking in the middle of it?

A: How's you last night sleep? I know you hadn't slept well since you lost most of money in the sharemarket. B:very well! It was a nonstop sleep and I'm refreshing now!

• Gwan

New Zealand, English
    Hi there. Can one use nonstop sleep to mean sleep very well even without awaking in the middle of it?
    Something like "I slept like a log" or "I slept the whole night through" would be better. There are bound to be many other options as well. You could say "I slept non-stop" but I'm not sure if it's the most idiomatic way.

There are several other problems with the quote:

A: How did you sleep last night? I know you haven't slept well since you lost most of your money in the sharemarket. B:Very well! It was a nonstop sleep and I'm refreshed now!

Loob

English UK
    Hi kenny

It doesn't sound quite right to me - we usually use non-stop for something more active than sleep. We might use it if someone was so exhausted that they slept for 24 hours, but not I think for an "ordinary" night's sleep.

In your sentence, I'd be inclined to say "I slept right through".

By the way, I suspect you mean refreshed rather than refreshing;) EDIT: As Gwan has already said!

< Previous | Next >