Normalise/Standardise?

OmarCore

Switzerland - Italian
Hi people!!

Short problem...(hope it has a short answer too)

Talking about a plot and comparing it with a previous one: is it possible to say "it has normalised (or standardised) its shape"? (I have already cancel the option "regularised"...am I right?)

For example a plot having a square or rectangular form... in any case regular shaped!

Thanks a lot

Omar

• OmarCore

Switzerland - Italian
    mimitabby said:
    the shape has been normalized.
    don't use regularize, we don't. This is a function in Excel, is it not?
    Mimi
    Thanks Mimi
    You are right, i'm talking about 2 different plots (eg 2002 compared with 2005) in Excel...

I'll go for normalis(z)e... ;)

Ciao
    Omar

Alfry

Italian
    I can't get the meaning yet.
    We are talking about too different plot.
    Your purpose, I guess, is comparing two different plots (perhaps 2 different years' trends).

what I can't get is: why should you normalize one year's plot to the other? It makes no sense to me.
    That's a problem of mine, of course.
    would you shed some light, please?

thanks

OmarCore

Switzerland - Italian
    Alfry said:
    I can't get the meaning yet.
    We are talking about too different plot.
    Your purpose, I guess, is comparing two different plots (perhaps 2 different years' trends).

what I can't get is: why should you normalize one year's plot to the other? It makes no sense to me.
    That's a problem of mine, of course.
    would you shed some light, please?

thanks
    I'll try it Alfry...the problem is not to normalise one year's plot to the other...IT IS ALREADY SO...

As you say we are talking about 2 different years' trends: The plot of 2002 was extremely disaggregated whereas the 2005 one (and in comparison with 2002) has normalised its "course"...
    Can you see the light? ;)

I hope so

Alfry

Italian
    OmarCore said:
    I'll try it Alfry...the problem is not to normalise one year's plot to the other...IT IS ALREADY SO...

As you say we are talking about 2 different years' trends: The plot of 2002 was extremely disaggregated whereas the 2005 one (and in comparison with 2002) has normalised its "course"...
    Can you see the light? ;)

I hope so
    Ok, now I can get it
    Thank you OmarCore ;)

< Previous | Next >