Norwegian: bender’n

Harrythegiraffe

Chinese
Well I am currently learning Norwegian with Skam and the subtitles I found on the Internet, but there’re some points that I struggle with, since much slang is used in this show. Sometimes I can’t even find any explanation for an expression in the dictionary...
Here’s one example: William mumbled something, and it is shown in the Norwegian subtitles as “bender’n.”
Does it really mean “hard-on” as in the English ones above? What is left out by using the apostrophe?
Besides, is there any silent letter in pronouncing this word, for example letter d is sometimes silent
Emmmm so confusing...

3F42E029-4351-42FC-9D33-F0216A9F7515.jpeg

Thanks for answering!

• serbianfan

British English
    Yes, it is slang Norwegian, meaning erection. I have never used it, and I can't imagine the Norwegians I know use it. Of course, it's up to you how you learn Norwegian, but I would suggest using films with ordinary everyday language, without a lot of slang. People in many parts of Norway don't pronounce the last 'e' in words like 'sykepleieren' (the nurse), so some everyday words are sometimes written without it, e.g. 'fatter'n' (my dad).

Harrythegiraffe

Chinese
    Yes, it is slang Norwegian, meaning erection. I have never used it, and I can't imagine the Norwegians I know use it. Of course, it's up to you how you learn Norwegian, but I would suggest using films with ordinary everyday language, without a lot of slang. People in many parts of Norway don't pronounce the last 'e' in words like 'sykepleieren' (the nurse), so some everyday words are sometimes written without it, e.g. 'fatter'n' (my dad).
    Yay, Thanks a lot! Thank clears up everything :D