Norwegian clefts and reflexive pronouns

tetsugakusha43

Spanish
Let's say we have a sentence like (1a), which, among its many interpretations, may be rendered into English as (2), and we want to cleft the object in the embedded clause. Is this possible? Would it look something like (1b)? And, most importantly, would (1b) also have the interpretation in (2) or does the meaning necessarily change?

(1a) Marit ba Jon beskrive [sin bok om sine tvister med naboen sin] som den aller beste i sitt forfatterskap
(1b) Det var [sin bok om sine tvister med naboen sin] som Marit ba Jon beskrive _ som den aller beste i sitt forfatterskap

(2) Marit asked Jon to describe his book about his controversies with her neighbor as the very best of his writings

• raumar

Norwegian
    (1a) is an awkward sentence, with so many elements that it is difficult to understand. And (1b) is even worse. So nobody would actually write sentence (1b), but I don't think that there is anything grammatically wrong with it, or that the meaning changes.

But I don't think you can translate (1a) as (2). All four instances of "sin/sitt/sine" in (1a) should refer to the same person, since "sin" refers back to the subject. So it does not seem right to translate some of them as "his" and others as "her".