Norwegian: diggere

dukaine

English - American
I was reading a blog and came across this word, but couldn't find it in the dictionaries that I used. Below is the sentence:

Alt går litt treigere, og det finnes ikke noe som er diggere enn å ikke trenge og tenke på hverken tidsfrister eller en agenda.

After searching, I think it means "like" or "enjoy". I would translate this as:

"Everything slows down, and there is nothing more enjoyable than not needing to think about neither/either deadlines or an agenda."

Is that right?

Thanks!

• justous

English
    I was reading a blog and came across this word, but couldn't find it in the dictionaries that I used. Below is the sentence:

Alt går litt treigere, og det finnes ikke noe som er diggere enn å ikke trenge og tenke på hverken tidsfrister eller en agenda.

After searching, I think it means "like" or "enjoy". I would translate this as:

"Everything slows down, and there is nothing more enjoyable than not needing to think about neither/either deadlines or an agenda."

Is that right?

Thanks!
    Coming from a Danish perspective here and have never seen the word, but I get the feeling it means what you think it does from the sound of it :)

Svenke

Norwegian
    Digg is a slang adjective meaning 'very good, nice, enjoyable'.
    It is connected to the verb digge which means 'like/enjoy very much', borrowed from English dig.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >