Norwegian: hadde blinka oss ut

dukaine

English - American
Based on context, I think this means something like "we found" or "we discovered", but I wanted to just make sure.

"Vi hadde blinka oss ut en DNT-hytte vi skulle besøke også, og satset på å finne en fin camp i nærheten av hytta. "

Thanks!

• raumar

Norwegian
    It means "we had selected (in advance)". They had planned their trip in advance, and a visit at this DNT cabin was included in their plan. (DNT is the Norwegian Trekking Association. They have cabins all over the country. Some of them are staffed lodges, others are self-service cabins.)

The verb "blinke (ut)" originally comes from logging, where it means to select and mark those trees that shall be cut down. It is often used figuratively, as in your example.

dukaine

English - American
    It means "we had selected (in advance)". They had planned their trip in advance, and a visit at this DNT cabin was included in their plan. (DNT is the Norwegian Trekking Association. They have cabins all over the country. Some of them are staffed lodges, others are self-service cabins.)

The verb "blinke (ut)" originally comes from logging, where it means to select and mark those trees that shall be cut down. It is often used figuratively, as in your example.
    Thanks so much, very helpful!

< Previous | Next >