Norwegian: Kvittering

A Gargantua

English, England
Hi

I've come across the following in a user manual for a computer system that I am translating:
Ved å trykke ”Lagre” lagres selskapets detaljer og du sendes tilbake til ”foretaksinformasjon” (kvittering oppsummeringsbildet for selskap)

I have really little idea what 'kvittering' means here or how it fits in - so any thoughts appreciated! (Clicking 'Save' saves the company's details and you are sent back to 'Company information' (?? the summary page for the company)

A Gargantua

• raumar

Norwegian
    Hi,

The words in parentheses are written in a kind of telegram style, and almost incomprehensible for native speakers as well. But I can't see any other meanings for "kvittering" than "receipt". My best guess is that it means: As a receipt (a confirmation that the details have been saved) you will receive/see the summary picture/image for the company. (I doubt that "bilde" should be "page").

But I am not sure if this makes sense, and I may well be wrong. Don't take my word for it. My advice would be to ask those who wrote the manual what this means.

A Gargantua

English, England
    Hi raumur

Many thanks for your thoughts on this - most helpful and interesting. I will indeed ask them. Thanks for the point re 'bilde' - I have been using 'screen' for this, which I think is more accurate, although similar-ish to 'page' in my brain.

Thanks again
    A Gargantua