Norwegian: legge in

< Previous | Next >

littlepond

Hindi
Hei alle sammen!

In a travel services provider's email, I saw this line: "Vil du legge inn en treningsøkt så prøv [name]." What does "legge inn" mean here? A kind of "to have": "vil du ha ..."? Like "If you would like to have a workout, then you can try ..."?

The hardback dictionary I have gives several meanings for "legge inn" but I don't see if any of them fits. It gives examples such as installing a light, put in a word for someone, and to send to a hospital.

Thanks in advance!

• raumar

Norwegian
    A kind of "to have":
    "To have" is not wrong, but "å legge inn" (in this context) is closer to "to spend time on" or "to put on your schedule".

I think it is possible to say "to put in a workout" in English. That matches the Norwegian expression (word for word), and may be the best translation.

Ben Jamin

Polish
    Hei alle sammen!

In a travel services provider's email, I saw this line: "Vil du legge inn en treningsøkt så prøv [name]." What does "legge inn" mean here? A kind of "to have": "vil du ha ..."? Like "If you would like to have a workout, then you can try ..."?

The hardback dictionary I have gives several meanings for "legge inn" but I don't see if any of them fits. It gives examples such as installing a light, put in a word for someone, and to send to a hospital.

Thanks in advance!
    I think that "include" is a good English equivalent here.

< Previous | Next >