Norwegian: plastkantlistene, transportetappe

Abalord

Hebrew
Hey everyone, these are words I've never encountered before and I'm not sure what they mean from the context.

1. Jeg husker plastkantlistene på rommet der jeg lå

Are these some kind of floor panels?

2. Hver eneste hverdagslige transportetappe kan plutselig bli en verden av farer og hindringer.

Could this mean perhaps something that is trivial?

Thank you!

• Svenke

Norwegian
    Plastkantlistene: If you google for images of kantlist, you'll see several different kinds. They are used to line furniture and various other things. Plast means 'plastic'. Exactly what it refers to in your example, is impossible to tell without more context.

Transportetappe: 'transport stretch'. The sentence means something like 'Every simple (little) journey can suddenly become a world of dangers and hindrances'.

Abalord

Hebrew
    thank you very much. the room in question is a delivery room in a hospital, but there isn't any indication what it is used for, perhaps it's lining the door or the bed. is it used for padding? for sound blocking? for insulating?

winenous

English - British
    I'm not sure lining is the right word in English - I'd say it is edging, or trim (Edit: or beading).

But Svenke is right that google images gives plenty of examples. I suppose it might be used for padding a sharp edge. But more likely filling the gap between panels on the wall or floor, or where floor meets wall.

raumar

Norwegian
    When I see "kantlist" without further explanation, I would assume that it is the board where the wall meets the floor, ceiling, door or window. In my dictionary, "kantlist" is translated as skirting board or moulding. But I agree with Svenke: without further context we can't really know what kind of "kantlist" this is, and it could also be a furniture part.

Abalord

Hebrew
    Thank you, I suppose I'll refer to it in an ambiguous way, perhaps "rubber stripes" or something in that manner.

Navier

Español, España
    Plantkantlister are corner protectors, and are typical in buildings as hospitals or where trolley tables, beds and such moves between rooms. The ones you refer are plastic ones, but metal ones are also used a lot.

< Previous | Next >