Norwegian: Vektbu/vaktby og innkjørsel

A Gargantua

English, England
Hi
I'm in the process of translating a document with info on a range of building projects, and one is a new administration building, with a "vektbu og innkjørsel". I suspect vektbu should probably read vaktbu? Any description anyone can provide of what one is/contains would be great, and the same goes for innkjørsel (an approach? drive?)

Many thanks
A Gargantua

• winenous

English - British
    Vektbu would be a small building or booth where you weigh stuff - presumably goods being delivered in this context.
    Innkjørsel
    is where you drive in - an entrance for vehicles.

I found this image with "vektbu fasade" in the file name. I presume this is exactly a "vektbu og innkjørsel". I wonder if, in this instance, the booth isn't alongside a weigh bridge.
    Vektbu-fasade-1100x736.jpg

raumar

Norwegian
    A Gargantua: You've got an exellent answer from Winenous, but it could still be useful to know what kind of building project you are talking about, to be certain that this is a vektbu and not a vaktbu. Is it a place where you need to weigh something?

A Gargantua

English, England
    Hello winenous and raumar

Many thanks for your replies. The booth in question is indeed alongside a weighbridge, so 'weighbridge booth' is exactly what was required - I checked with the customer re: the existence of a weighbridge.

Thanks again both for your assistance.
    A Gargantua

< Previous | Next >