<noseblind> to odors

< Previous | Next >

csicska

hungarian
Hello. Could you please tell me if being noseblind suggests that our nose cannot perceive certain odor? Thank you.

Are You Noseblind To Odors In Your Home? - jennsblahblahblog.com
Do you know what guest really smell when they walk into your house, or jump in your car for that matter? I am going to be honest, I didn’t, and I sure wish one of my mom and sister-n-law would have told me earlier. Come to find out a majority of American are noseblind to odors in their homes and cars.

• owlman5

English-US
    That is exactly what it means. People who live in a house all the time become insensitive to odors in that house that strangers might notice immediately.

owlman5

English-US
    You're welcome. I've only heard it used in a couple of advertisements on television. I don't think I've ever heard anybody use it in ordinary talk although it is easy to understand if you need to talk about that phenomenon.

lingobingo

English - England
    We have it in TV ads in the UK too (no doubt the same company). I’d never heard the word noseblind before so assumed they’d made it up for marketing purposes.

Packard

USA, English
    Originally "noseblind" was a synonym for "Anosmia", which is the inability to smell at all.

I think Fabreze used "noseblind" to mean not smelling the odors in your own house and that ending up changing the meaning.

Soleil_Couchant

English - US
    Yeah, personally, I've never heard it. Like others said, I can only see it being used out of necessity from someone (like an advertiser) attempting to be witty. But no, it's not commonly or "really" used like colorblind.

< Previous | Next >