not everything can be argued in 800 to 1,000 words

Noon2501

Arabic-Egypt
Hello,

Context:
It seems this problem is not confined to the students because even academics are reading fewer whole books than they used to. Stephen Curry, Professor of Structural Biology at Imperial College London, was sufficiently keen to remind himself that ‘not everything can be argued in 800 to 1,000 words’, so he made ‘a recent New Year’s
resolution to read less on the internet and more [in] books.’

Book: Too Fast to Think
Author: Chris Lewis

Question:
What is being referred to in this sentence: "not everything can be argued in 800 to 1,000 words"? I need to find the relation between it and the Stephen's resolution to read less on the internet and more actual books.

Thanks

• JulianStuart

English (UK then US)
    Pieces on the internet are not usually as long as "whole books" and this is being expressed as "I don't want to simply read summaries of arguments/discussion on the internet (he thinks of them as being typically limited to 800-1000 words), I want to read complete books".

Linkway

British English
    Many SEOs (search engine optimizers) believe that around that figure is optimum for indexing and SERPs (search engine results ranking performance).

However, many full-length academic papers are also available as pdf documents on the internet.

< Previous | Next >