noun formed from "count"

Day & Night

Russian
Hello! I've got a task on word formation and would like to know how to form another part of speech (I guess it must be a noun) from the word "count". I have to change the word in the brackets.
So, for women who enjoyd the Leonardo DiCaprio / Kate Winslet love story - watch the whole thing, but call in their second halves only when the scene (COUNT) gets to 16, the one called 'Iceberg, right ahead' on the sleeve index.
<<SECOND QUESTION DELETED>
Any help will be very useful, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    This sentence ~ if it is a sentence ~ is very difficult to understand. Is there some word missing? What is it from? Please give us more information about the context and background.

Day & Night

Russian
    I'm going to type in the text, but there may be some mistakes connected with word formation, so if you notice any, correct please.

<<--->>

At times, [the quality] seemed almost too good for James Cameron's three-hour epic, Titanic, where the computer-generated re-creations of the White Star liner occasionally reminded me of a children's cartoon. << --- >>
    In the cinema, the film famously divided the sexes, but even here DVD offers help. So, for women who enjoyd the Leonardo DiCaprio / Kate Winslet love story - watch the whole thing, but call in their second halves only when the scene (COUNT) gets to 16, the one called 'Iceberg, right ahead' on the sleeve index. From there on, the film gets very much more like an earlier version of the Titanic disaster, A Night to Remember, only more expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

bhaisahab

English - British
    Hello! I've got a task on word formation and would like to know how to form another part of speech (I guess it must be a noun) from the word "count". I have to change the word in the brackets.
    So, for women who enjoyd the Leonardo DiCaprio / Kate Winslet love story - watch the whole thing, but call in their second halves only when the scene (COUNT) gets to 16, the one called 'Iceberg, right ahead' on the sleeve index.
    <<SECOND QUESTION DELETED>
    Any help will be very useful, thanks.

Number"?

Cagey

English - US
    I think you can say "count" as a noun here.

Perhaps there is a specific term for the numbers that designate the points in a film or video. If so, I hope someone will tell us what it is.

Last edited:

Cagey

English - US
    The 'task' that Day and Night refers to is an assignment which requires him to put a word based on the root "count" in the space. (See the first post.)

The only word I can think of is "count" itself. There may be another more appropriate to the specific context. I hope for help, if someone knows of such a word.

< Previous | Next >