1. toddsschneider Member

    Canada, English
    In an online government form, one is required to enter numéro civique, then the postal code, and then the street name. Even later comes the building unit number.

    Is numéro civique translated as 'street number'?
  2. bandy Senior Member

    Yes, street or house number. I'm pretty sure that "numéro civique" is only used in Quebec!
  3. pointvirgule

    pointvirgule Senior Member

    Mtl, QC
    langue française
    It is seen in Québec, but is considered erroneous (anglicism: civic number).
    As for the "building unit number," it must be the suite/appartment number inside the building. (See this page from Canada Post and its counterpart in French.)
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  4. toddsschneider Member

    Canada, English

Share This Page