6:liou
    7:chi
    8:ba
    9:jiou
    10:shr

jana.bo99

Cro, Slo
    Hello to all,

Thank you for explanation of numbers: 1 till 10!

I will use from Rorrey, because for me is much easier with letters than with squares.

jana.bo

samanthalee

Mandarin, English - [Singapore]
    Hello to all,

Thank you for explanation of numbers: 1 till 10!

I will use from Rorrey, because for me is much easier with letters than with squares.

jana.bo
    Squares? Oh you mean you can't see the accented alphabets? In that case, I'll re-write univerio's pinyin with numbers instead of accents.

1 - yi1
    2 - er4
    3 - san1
    4 - si4
    5 - wu3
    6 - liu4
    7 - qi1
    8 - ba1
    9 - jiu3
    10 - shi2

jana.bo99

Cro, Slo
    Hello Samanthalee,

You call them: the accented alphabets? I have to remember it.

Means:
    1 - yi1
    2 - er4
    3 - san1
    4 - si4
    5 - wu3
    6 - liu4
    7 - qi1
    8 - ba1
    9 - jiu3
    10 - shi2

Thank you very much.

I can't believe, I came here and at once I like Chinese language!

jana.bo

samanthalee

Mandarin, English - [Singapore]
    You call them: the accented alphabets? I have to remember it.
    Hi jana.bo99,

Sorry to have confused you. :p We don't call them "accented alphabets", we don't have a name for them. But we call the diacritic marks the "tone marks".

If you have installed the Chinese fonts, you'll see the diacritic marks. We use the macron, the caron, the umlaut, the acute accent and the grave accent.

xiaolijie

UK
    English (UK)
    If you have installed the Chinese fonts, you'll see the diacritic marks. We use the macron, the caron, the umlaut, the acute accent and the grave accent.
    Although installing Chinese fonts should help, it's not just a matter of installing Chinese fonts, as I should have got tons of them already installed in my computer, and yet I still see all letters with the 3rd tone as squares. From what I know, my problem has something to do with this site using a non-unicode-complying font (Verdana) as the default. A unicode-complying font such as Arial doesn't cause me this problem.

jana.bo99

Cro, Slo
    Hello Samanthalee,

Thank you for constructions. I can't install anything here.

That is reason I have to ask so much.

jana.bo

J.F. de TROYES

francais-France
    ¿¿¿¿¿y cómo parece eso en sus letras originales?????

El Chino no usa letras, pero caracteres que dan un sentido, pero leyéndolos es imposible adivinar la pronunciación :

son los caracteres usuales para escribir “uno, dos, … diez.” Su pronunciación no depiende de la forma de estos caracteres.
    Para transcribir su lengua a otras los Chinos crearon en 1958 un sistemo que se llama “Pin Yin” ( = transcripción de los sonidos ) y que permite leer los caracteres : yi, er, san , si, wu, liu, qi, ba, jiu, shi , pero por simplificación los tonos esenciales para distinguir muchas palabras no están indicados ; por eso para aprender el chino se añade cifras u acentos que anotan los tonos : por ejemplo “ wu3” o “wǔ” anota que hay que pronunciar la palabra wu con el tercer tono .

AndyES

Serbocroata
    Por dios!
    Qué complicado...
    Es posible que alguien que no sea Chino aprenda su idioma correctamente??? Yo creo que no lo logría.........huala...

Chem Chi

Engrish - Amellica
    I was taught slightly differently, but here is how I learned to count from 1 to 10 in Chinese:

ee
    er (or ar)
    san
    su
    oo
    lieu
    chi
    ba
    cho
    shz

And thank you GEMatt, for teaching me zero (0) = "ling" , today.

J.F. de TROYES

francais-France
    Whatever the transcription, it's necessary to know what phonems the chosen letters fit. The i of shi or the z of shz are quite arbitrary and can't give by themselves an idea of how to pronounce them. That's why textbooks use either the official Chinese pinyin or another transcription that seems to them more appropriate to the learners' language, but have to explain ( or better have them heard ) how each of these letters must be pronounced. Pinyin is taught in primary Chinese schools and must be well known by everyone learning Mandarin as it is used in dictionaries and grammars to write down the pronunciation of the characters.

< Previous | Next >