o melhor teatro gospel

Susan Su

Chinese
Hello,

I know "o melhor teatro gospel" mean "the best gospel theater" by searching the dictionary. I want to use it to title a gospel movie, but in English, theater means a cinema but not a video, so I wonder can I use "o melhor teatro gospel" to name a gospel video?

Looking forward to your help, thank you.

• englishmania

Português Europeu
    You keep asking questions about gospel films :p
    Gospel films are biblical/Christian films.

Why would you want to say "the best gospel theater" ? That doesn't seem to make sense. Is it a video of a play? Is it a video of a film?

O melhor filme gospel
    O melhor cinema gospel
    A melhor peça de teatro/O melhor teatro gospel/evangélico

Susan Su

Chinese
    I don't think so. Actually, I'm not sure what you're asking. Could you please rephrase it?
    For example, if the title of a gospel movie is "What are the wise virgins?" Can I say “o melhor teatro gospel —What are the wise virgins?”

Susan Su

Chinese
    You keep asking questions about gospel films :p
    Gospel films are biblical/Christian films.

Why would you want to say "the best gospel theater" ? That doesn't seem to make sense. Is it a video of a play? Is it a video of a film?

O melhor filme gospel
    O melhor cinema gospel
    A melhor peça de teatro/O melhor teatro gospel/evangélico
    Thank you. :) Because I am interested in religious resources, so I often have questions about it.:p
    Could you please help me with the questions?
    If it is a video of a film, can I use o melhor teatro gospel to describe it?
    If it a video of a play, should I use teatro evangelico to describe it?

englishmania

Português Europeu
    Thank you. :) Because I am interested in religious resources, so I often have questions about it.:p
    Could you please help me with the questions?
    If it is a video of a film, can I use o melhor teatro gospel to describe it?
    If it a video of a play, should I use teatro evangelico to describe it?
    If it's a film, I would say ''o melhor filme...''. If it is a play, I would say "a melhor peça de teatro/peça teatral..."

If it was a more general thing and you wanted to make a list of different films, you could say "o melhor cinema.../os melhores filmes..."
    If you made a list of the best plays, you could say "o melhor teatro.../as melhores peças de teatro..."

I don't know if the best adjective is 'evangélico' or "cristão' or "gospel" because I don't know much about this kind of films.

Susan Su

Chinese
    If it's a film, I would say ''o melhor filme...''. If it is a play, I would say "a melhor peça de teatro/peça teatral..."

If it was a more general thing and you wanted to make a list of different films, you could say "o melhor cinema.../os melhores filmes..."
    If you made a list of the best plays, you could say "o melhor teatro.../as melhores peças de teatro..."

I don't know if the best adjective is 'evangélico' or "cristão' or "gospel" because I don't know much about this kind of films.
    Thanks a lot.

Antonio d'Oliveira

Português - Brasil
    Vale ressaltar que não dizemos "o melhor teatro do mundo", para nos dirigirmos a uma peça, e sim "a melhor peça do mundo". "Teatro" é o prédio ou uma escola técnica (por exemplo, Teatro do absurdo ou Teatro realista) e "peça" é o "espetáculo".

< Previous | Next >