Obejrzyjcie te zdjęcia

< Previous | Next >

jrogala

USA English
I received an email from Poland I can not translate. It might be someone looking for a husband, LOL, or it might be someone wondering if I am a relative please help. It includes photos and states:

Obejrzyjcie te zdjecia i powiedzcie kto mógł je robic. Albo może pamiętacie Leszka Szczepanika? Kto to był ?

• Virtuose

Polish/Poland
    Take a look at these photos at tell me by whom they might be made. Do you remember Leszek Szczepanik? Who was it?

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    I am offering my translation:
    Have a look at these pictures and tell me who might have been taking/taken them. Can you remember Leszek Szczepanik. Who was it?

Tom

PS: welcome to the forums, jrogala. :)

dn88

Polish
    My, more literal, translation of the second sentence:

Albo może pamiętacie Leszka Szczepanika? - Or maybe you remember Leszek Szczepanik?

Piotr_WRF

Polish, German
    When we're at translating literally, the first sentance would be:

You'll look at the photos and tell who might have shot them.

I admit though, that it sounds a little bit strange in both Polish and English.

dn88

Polish

Why "you'll look"? :confused: It's not a literal translation unless you meant it to be either a statement or a rude order.

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska

What strange do you see in the Polish version?:confused:
    The sentence as it stands looks very natural to me and likely to come out in the provided context.

Tom

EDIT: I am adding some corrections to it:
    Obejrzyjcie te zdjęcia i powiedzcie kto mógł je robić. Albo może pamiętacie Leszka Szczepanika? Kto to był ?

Piotr_WRF

Polish, German
    Why "you'll look"? :confused: It's not a literal translation unless you meant it to be either a statement or a rude order.
    What strange do you see in the Polish version?:confused:
    The sentence as it stands looks very natural to me and likely to come out in the provided context.
    My fault. I read the sentence several times and always saw "obejrzycie" instead of "obejrzyjcie". :eek:

< Previous | Next >