Oblique bangs?

< Previous | Next >
  • owlman5

English-US
    I've never heard the term "oblique bangs" in my life, NHHL. I'd say that her hair was parted and combed over to the side. Perhaps some member more familiar with hairstyling can give you a better opinion, but the hair that's combed over looks pretty long to be "bangs". If they are bangs, they're long ones.

Last edited:

AngelEyes

English - United States
    Never heard of oblique to describe bangs!

The ones where the hair is below the eyebrows, I'd call side-swept bangs or fringe bangs. There are spike bangs, much like the pictures where the hair is not cut straight across the eyebrows, but in uneven points on the forehead.

There are thick, straight bangs, where the hair IS thick and straight on the forehead.

There are wispy bangs, where the hair is fluffed down in a light layer on the forehead.

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    If I search for "side-swept bangs", as Angel-Eyes suggests, the images I get include the picture on this page: Zuri-1 Lifestyle: Side Swept Bangs.

Side swept bangs may be longer or shorter, and thicker or thinner, but I think most people would have a general idea of what you meant.

Parla

Member Emeritus
    English - US
    The style in your picture doesn't show bangs at all; it's just hair parted on the side and let drift across the forehead. Bangs are by definition appreciably shorter than the rest of the hair.

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    I believe the hair on the front is shorter than the rest of the hair, and swept to one side.

The instructions in the description I linked to say to cut your hair about the length to cover your nose. The bangs are then pulled to one side so they don't over the eyes. The illustration in the first post seems to me to have been done the same way, although perhaps cut a little longer.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >