obscure fascination

< Previous | Next >

hhtt

Turkish
Hi, "From the most talked about products to the obscure fascination, you can keep up with the newest tech obsession." Can somebody explain me please what does obscure fascination mean here?

Best Regards.

Last edited:
  • MattiasNYC

Swedish
    It's a bit oddly phrased but I understand the meaning. "the most talked about products" are probably well known, because they're talked about a lot, whereas products that are "obscure" are less known. So what's a bit odd is that the author basically says 'from an item to a feeling', since "fascination" is a feeling, not a thing. But I think the gist is the authors will give you information ranging from well known things everyone is talking about as well as very obscure things that are quite fascinating.

I'm interested in hearing if people agree that the wording is a bit... sub-optimal... (?)

JustKate

Hhtt, you really need to give us some more context. Where did you see this? The name of the publication, website or blog might help with interpretation (and context is a requirement of this forum :) ). It also might help if you provide a little more of the text. You can reproduce up to four sentences.

Copyright

American English
    ... what's a bit odd is that the author basically says 'from an item to a feeling', since "fascination" is a feeling, not a thing.

I'm interested in hearing if people agree that the wording is a bit... sub-optimal... (?)
    I think it's fine ... a fascination can be a thing that fascinates.

Macmillan: 2 a. [countable] something that interests or attracts people very strongly
    Merriam-Webster: 1 b: something fascinating

< Previous | Next >