Observation from my meeting

kritika

India - Hindi & English
Hello,

I want to check whether the usage of the phrase "observation from" is correct.

I need to report my observation of a business partner I met at an official event. Now would it be right if I say "My observation from the conversation with his is ...........".

Thank you for the help.

• owlman5

English-US
    As long as you're using "my observation" with the meaning "my impression of the business partner/my thoughts about the business partner", then "my observation" in your sentence makes sense. Remember to use "conversation with him" rather than "conversation with his".

If you have some other meaning in mind as you use "observation", it would be helpful if you would tell members what "observation" means in your example.

kritika

India - Hindi & English
    As long as you're using "my observation" with the meaning "my impression of the business partner/my thoughts about the business partner", then "my observation" in your sentence makes sense. Remember to use "conversation with him" rather than "conversation with his".

If you have some other meaning in mind as you use "observation", it would be helpful if you would tell members what "observation" means in your example.

Thanks owlman. By observation I meant my views of him.

owlman5

English-US
    You're welcome, kritika. Thanks for the explanation. "Observation", "opinion", "impression", and "thoughts" should all be roughly synonymous in this context.

< Previous | Next >