of welds on vs of/in welded

< Previous | Next >

marcbatco

Italian-Italy
Hi, I would please ask you which of the options in bold is correct (I would opt for the first):
I have been engaged in defining engineering non-destructive testing procedures employed to detect defects and gauge corrosion resistance of welds on pipelines and structures.
I have been engaged in defining engineering non-destructive testing procedures employed to detect defects and gauge corrosion resistance of welded pipelines and structures.
I have been engaged in defining engineering non-destructive testing procedures employed to detect defects and gauge corrosion resistance in welded pipelines and structures.

• lingobingo

English - England
    That's a very convoluted sentence, whatever version you use. <-----Additional request removed by moderator (Florentia52)----->

Is your task only to examine the welds? If so, I would use the first of your options.
    Yes, the first sentence is the only one whose object is "welds", i.e. that relates to testing the welds specifically, as opposed to the "pipelines and structures" that are the object of the other versions.

Last edited by a moderator:
    < Previous | Next >