ofertante

< Previous | Next >
  • lauranazario

Moderatrix
    Español puertorriqueño & US English
    Hi Gary.
    Could you please provide the complete sentence (and additional context or barckground info. as well) so we can determine if "ofertante" is the right word translation or not?

Saludos,
    LN

gary.cook

UK English
    Sure.

It's contained in a document which is a call for tender to provide computer-based communications systems.

"Si alguna de las soluciones propuestas por los ofertantes no incluye alguno de los elementos..."

So the "ofertantes" would be potential suppliers (the ones who submit responses to the call for tender)

All the best

Gary

lauranazario

Moderatrix
    Español puertorriqueño & US English
    Ooooh, I was under the impression that the 'original' was in English rather than in Spanish. But that's not a problem.

From what is stated in the Spanish original, "ofertantes" is actualy the bidders or bidding parties (which are not necessarily suppliers themselves, as they can include wholesalers, retailers, etc.).

Saludos,
    LN

blimpa

Bolivia Spanish
    I've also seen in an international document the word "offeror", and I think (at least in the context in which it was) it is a very good word to define "ofertante".
    Hope it helps.

tazx

España, español
    I've seen also "tenderer", but nor this one neither "offeror" sound very fine to me.
    I've rather use "bidder".
    I even doubt that they are in any dictionary.

Saludos

< Previous | Next >