New Member
english, ireland
Can i use the word officialization in English when making reference to documents that need to be issued or made official?

I need a response asap..thanks
  • Documents from foreign countries which require to be made offcial in the Uk have to be 'notarised'. I can't speak for our Amrican or Autralian brethren. The process involves a 'notary public' (usually a lawyer who has been granted the privilege of administering oaths (and charging for them !)) countersigning the document and affixing an 'apostil' to it, i.e. rubber-stamping it as official.