Offshoring

Hi there,
I was reading an article about 'outsourcing', when I came through the word 'Offshoring'. Do you have suggestions for its translation?
Here's context: "But for the last few years a new form of outsourcing has been spreading through the western world. It is commonly called 'offshoring' because it is based on labour cost differences around the world."
I know that 'outsourcing' means 'delocalizzazione', but what about 'offshoring'?
Thanks in advance
Peppe

• pg002pers

English
    Hi there,
    I was reading an article about 'outsourcing', when I came through the word 'Offshoring'. Do you have suggestions for its translation?
    Here's context: "But for the last few years a new form of outsourcing has been spreading through the western world. It is commonly called 'offshoring' because it is based on labour cost differences around the world."
    I know that 'outsourcing' means 'delocalizzazione', but what about 'offshoring'?
    Thanks in advance
    Peppe

Offshoring would most likely involve the creation of another business abroad to provide services whereas outsourcing simply means to engage the services of a third party. Both terms "offshore" and "outsourcing" are used a lot in Italian business language... I am often afraid to translate these for fear of not being understood precisely...

Offshoring would most likely involve the creation of another business abroad to provide services whereas outsourcing simply means to engage the services of a third party. Both terms "offshore" and "outsourcing" are used a lot in Italian business language... I am often afraid to translate these for fear of not being understood precisely...
    Thanks for your explanation, now it's clearer. I can't find a translation, but maybe others...
    Peppe

Last edited: